Monday, August 07, 2006

Trip to China

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2)

We came back from a 15-day trip to China very late on Saturday night. Ten people (age 15 to 84) from my husband's family went together. Grandma took us to visit her and grandpa's relatives and old houses. We went to many places in the province of Guang Dong, Guang Xi and Yun Nan.

Traveling is very similar to life. On this trip, we had some great times as well as many unexpected (even stressful) events. In the end, God delivered us with peace through closed calls, injuries, sicknesses, and some material losses. I will tell you more about what I have learned in the weeks to come.

For now, the biggest thing on my mind is our luggages. My husband, son and I checked in four bags from Guang Zhou to LAX to SFO. We went through U.S. Custom at LAX and re-checked in those bags before dashing off to the domestic terminal for our flight. We were tired but glad that we could soon be home.

We waited and waited at the buggage claim at SFO. We were disappointed that our bags did not show up! What has happened?

Copyright © 2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home