Monday, April 16, 2007

VA Tech Massacre

This morning and early afternoon, my husband and I attended the grandopening of the new offices of Herald's Cancer Care Ministry and Restaurant Ministry in Milpitas. The testimonies were touching. Having a place called their own was something to celebrate about. Hopefully, they can minister to more people in need.

We then visited my mother-in-law in the City. She was doing well and the rush hour traffic home was not too bad. All in all, it was a great day, until I turned on the TV to watch some news.

"WHAT?" was all I could say. There was a shooting, a massacre at Virginia Tech. Many students and teachers were killed. The unidentified gunman killed himself. I am stunned. This is the worst ever shooting in school in United States history. Who could do such an evil thing?

I was overwhelmed with emotions when I watched some horrified college students recounting their ordeals. Their parents sent them to VA Tech to get a college education. Now their lives are filled with terror!

"You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. In the morning you will say, 'If only it were evening!' and in the evening, 'If only it were morning!'-because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see." (Deuteronomy 28:66-67),

Copyright © 2005-2007 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home