Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tornado Strikes

On May 4, 2007, a city called Greensburg in Kansas was striked by Tornado. 95% of the city was destroyed. Ten people were killed.

The news devastated people, "It took 120 years to grow but only 10 minutes to be wiped out." It was sad to watch survivors crying.

But some survivors had positive things to say, "Glad to be alive! It is just stuff!" and "We were in the house for 45 years but we have to move on."

As human beings, none of us can prevent natural disasters from striking. However, we can trust in our Lord and be grateful for what we have.

"He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." (Psalm 18:17-19).

Copyright © 2005-2007 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home