Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It is Finished!

Why did Jesus say, "It is finished." on the cross?

Jesus Christ fulfilled a promise that was made by God long long ago, before you and I were born:

"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God." (Ezekiel 36:25-28)

This is why Jesus Christ could say, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." (John 14:6-7)

As parents, we all worry about our children from time to time. Do you want them (and ourselves) really change? Hold on to the reality, the objective truth, and the saving promise that was fulfilled!

Copyright © 2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home