Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Making a Difference

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." (John 12:24)

I came across a shocking news tonight inside a newsletter that I put aside in my busyness. In the February Newsletter from Child Evangelism Fellowship, I read, "Po-Wen Ching, Feb. 11, 1975 - Feb. 11, 2006. Po served at CEF International Headquarters in the Recruitment Department. He was called to His Lord on his 31st birthday while helping some friends move."

I met Po-Wen in 1999 when he came to California. Jeanne told me about his work at CEF and I invited him to share at a forum with our Sunday School teachers. He was only 24 years old then. But he had been teaching kids for a long time and was already an elder at his home church in Seattle. Po shared how he (being a very active little boy without a dad) was having troubles after he and his mom arrived as refugees, how someone at the church reached out to him, and how his life was never the same. That's why he so loved to teach kids! Although that was the only time I met Po, I stil remember his enthusiasm in the Lord. Not too long ago, I was still telling someone about Po's testimony.

I couldn't help but search for news. I found something from his wife and friend: "A place to share our thoughts, memories, and words of encouragement about our big brother Po-Wen Ching...although taken from us too soon, his legacy will live on in eternity... WE LOVE YOU, PO." Check this out.

Life or death, Po points people to Christ. "A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions" (Luke 12:15b). How comforting it is to know that Po lives eternally! What amazing grace!

Copyright © 2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home