Sunday, March 05, 2006

Parenting ABC Made the News

"... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

I told Jeanne I could lead a couple of workshops in the Children's Ministry (English) track and mentioned I could do the same in Mandarin and/or Cantonese. She informed the chairperson of the Asian American Track. And before I knew it, I was leading three workshops in Cantonese.

This is the kind of unexpected (and amazing) things I have repeatedly experienced as a believer. Before Christ, I used to view the world according to people's beliefs, standards and traditions. Buying into stereotypes, I majored in engineering, became a workaholic, and convinced myself it was normal to be alone at the top.

Secured in Christ, I learned to let go of something good to gain what is best for me in His plan. Life has been a joyous adventurous ride as our Lord closes (old) and opens (new) doors in His sufficient and abundant grace!

After my workshop, I shared my salvation and life story with the editor-in-chief from Gospel Herald and she told me hers. It is amazing how Jesus saved and redirected our lives. This morning, I entered http://www.gospelherald.com to read the on-line newspaper. To my surprise, "Parenting ABC" has already made the news. Check out the story before and after the 2006 BASS.

When I started "Parenting ABC", all I wanted to do is to integrate lessons my husband and I have learned from life, careers and ministries into something that might be of help to other Christian couples from overseas. Praise the Lord for another wonderful experience.

Copyright © 2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home