Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Our Suitcase is Found

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

This morning I called the Airline again. The lady said they were still looking for our bag and would let us know. My heart sank when I recalled our son was told yesterday that the search would only last for five days. While the other three bags mainly have dirty clothings, this suitcase has sentimental values! My mind went through how:

(1) Our son used it when he went on a singing tour with his high school to four countries in Central and South America.

(2) I used this suitcase to carry children toys and art supplies for Play Therapy when I counseled kids at public schools.

(3) Our son spent a lot of time buying special items in China and placed most of his purchases in this suitcase.

How disappointing! Why this suitcase? Should I have insisted on carrying it onto the plane? ... Why can't I be happy that the others were found? Where is my acceptance?

Around 4:30 p.m., Ray from Alaska Airline called. "Have you gotton all your bags?" "No, one is still missing." "The garment bag? The black bag?" "The one missing is a regular 22-in carry-on suitcase. It is greenish blue." "Have anyone else (he mumbled some airlines) called you?" "No, just so that you know, the three other bags that were returned all have tags that said RUSH to SFO via UA 798. Have you checked with United Airline?" "Oh! I will call United and let you know by 8 p.m. tonight."

We left our house at 7:45 p.m. for our prayer meeting. After my request for prayer support, someone said she lost a bag permanently, another person said his bag went to Argentina but were eventually returned. Mmmmm. I guessed they wanted me to feel better. I silently prayed for the bag. God loves me and He is still in control.

A few minutes after we got home, the door bell rang. 10 p.m. "Who is it?" "Alaska Airline delivery." I opened the door. I could not believe my eyes. "Thank You Lord. Hallelujah. Miracles do happen!"

Will I still trust Him if the bag was lost forever?

Copyright © 2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home