Friday, October 12, 2007

Oh What Have I Done?

Ever since our doctor visit, my mood was going up and down. I found my head spinning the whole day with questions. May be his condition is not that serious. May be we can wait and the hole will close by itself. I became irritated easily. "Oh Lord. Help us. All I need is for our problems to go away!"

I like things under control. A few weeks ago, this week appeared normal and easy. Other than our usual church activities and my counseling appointments, my only extra task was giving a talk on Saturday evening.

Just two weeks ago, a baby shower was rescheduled to Saturday (i.e. tomorrow). Sure. I could still attend the shower and drive one hour to give my talk. Last Friday, a pregnant sister asked whether I could substitute for her to sing with the praise team this coming Sunday. Yes. No big deal, I would just join the practice on Friday night (i.e. tonight) before fellowship.

On Tuesday night, in our co-workers meeting, I signed up to pass out gospel tracts at the new supermarkets tomorrow morning! What was I thinking? "Well, it is a great idea to invite neighbors to our church. Someone has to do it. Besides, I will be the speaker of our community outreach on November 9th."

Mind you that all these changes happened before we got the first opinion yesterday. Today at around 5:30 p.m., our phone rang. It was a dear sister who had been coughing for a few days. "I could not teach the children tonight. Are you busy?" "Umm. I was assigned to lead singing." "If I could find someone else to do that, will you teach? I've already prepared the lesson." Even I was surprised when I heard myself said, "Of course." She called back within minutes and offered, "Do you want me to drop off the materials?" "Well, no. Let me come after dinner. You just rest at home. Okay?"

Until that phone call, I was overwhelmed with my own problems. Teaching kids actually took my mind away from our problems! Now the evening is almost over, it is true that "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Phillipians 4:13).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home