Monday, July 02, 2007

The Source of Our Hope

Did I tell you that sometimes I feel discouraged, disappointed, even depressed when I heard too many terrible things in the news or in counseling sessions?

Honestly, I don't think I can continue to help people unless I have been helped in my own life. I would not be doing what I am doing unless I know there is always hope beyond our current difficulties and suffering.

Where does my hope come from? The fact that my God loves me and He is faithful. I know God reaches out to people and He is a God of second, third, and multiple chances. Thank God that every day is a new day and our hope can be renewed in the morning!

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23)

Copyright © 2005-2007 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home