Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Siblings

My sister just called. She and her husband drove to their hometown which was hit by Hurricane Rita. There was water, but no electricity and gas. Instead of staying away, they took a chance to drive back to check on the two cats they couldn't take when they hurriedly left town. Yesterday they purchased a huge cage and got ready to carry the cats with them this time.

Both cats were alive. Apparently they were scared by the storm but they reacted differently at the sight of their owners. One of them followed my sister everywhere when she was cleaning up but the other was hiding. When it was time to leave, the first cat got into the cage willingly, but the other refused to cooperate. After playing hide and seek with the second cat for more than an hour, my brother-in-law and sister got tired and dizzy. They finally decided to let both cats stay to keep one another's company.

I imagine telling some kids about treasuing their siblings. We might have fought when we were young but I am so grateful for my sister and brother, especially after our parents passed away so early (Mom died at age 48, Dad at age 60). Thank God that my sister has survived Rita!

Copyright © 2005 Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home