Friday, August 25, 2006

Tiger Jumping Gorge






On the Way from LiJiang to Zhongdian, we visited the Tiger Jumping Gorge of Yang Tze River. We had to walk 500 steep steps down and then up again.

Going down the steps was not too bad. The scenary was beautiful. After taking some pictures we started walking back. Now I understood why so many Ye people were there carrying people up and down. Two of them would carry a tourist on a chair secured between two poles.

I did not think I could walk up the stairs. Thank God our son was there. He said, "Here mom, let me carry your purse" and took my umbrella as well. Shaded from the sun, I was able to make it back with many rest stops. Praise the Lord.

Could you see those people carrying umbrellas on the hillside in the last picture? I took it when we were at the bottom of the gorge.

Copyright © 2005-2006 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home