Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Consequences and Renewing Hope

Sometimes I feel really sad about people (me included) who do bad things that have negative consequences, especially consequences that affect our sons and daughters.

Where can we find hope? The following passage from the Bible (Jeremiah 31:28-31) reminds me that our Lord is in control and He restores us with His grace. I am so grateful for the new covenant that Jesus has established with His blood.

"Just as I watched over them to uproot and tear down, and to overthrow, destroy and bring disaster, so I will watch over them to build and to plant," declares the LORD. "In those days people will no longer say, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge. 'Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—his own teeth will be set on edge. "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Copyright © 2005-2007 Winnis Chiang, Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home