Friday, June 06, 2008

Earthquakes

Just got woken up by an earthquake. It seemed big to me but only shook once. Was I in a dream?

Needed to decide what to do. Check USGS and found latest earthquake in SF Bay Area --

Magnitude 3.5 Friday, June 6, 2008 at 2:02:53 am at epicenter
a few miles from Morago, Alamo, Danville, and Oakland.

Around midnight 26-27 hours ago, I finally published the newsletter that I had been written since the beginning of May. As I wrote about the Sichuan 7.9 earthquake, I thought about the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake that was a 7.1 surface-wave magnitude.

It was on October 17. I was in my office when it happened. My tall bookcase fell and blocked my closed door. Thankfully I was not hit. I was able to slowly moved things out of my way and opened the door. Where were you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home