Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gas Exchange

Yesterday morning, Dr. L. suspected the C3F8 gas was still expanding in James' case and made a decision to exchange the gas in the bubble with a lower concentration of the same gas. James' left eye pressure went from 42 to 8 in a short (30min?) time. After a few hours of monitoring, we were sent home in early afternoon. The good news is that James' severe headache has been gone and he was able to eat, rest and sleep.

I knew James was doing better after the gas exchange when he asked me to read the Bible as he was lying face down in the clinic. Although I thought he dozed off, he surprised me by asking me to continue. He was tracking what I was reading! After dinner that evening, he asked me to read again so I read Numbers 26:1-51 according
his reading plan. There were a lot of names and I had my mouthful. For once, I was extremely patient reading those Biblical character names in English when James told me their Hebrew pronunciations. I was happy that his headache was gone and his mind was working.

James did not throw up on Friday night at all and he was sound asleep. I slept well too although I woke up to check on him many times (just like a mother would check on her baby if there were no noise). Sound asleep often bothered me in the past but this time, I was very happy to hear him sleep and thank God he was making noises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home