Friday, April 11, 2008

Car Troubles

On Monday April 7, we attended a retreat for Bay Area Pastors. I thought I saw something on Highway 17. But before I could say anything, James already drove over it. The car seemed normal and we soon forgot the incident.

On Wednesday April 9, when we were ready to leave, someone discovered a problem. “Wait! You have a flat tire!”

A bunch of pastors gathered around. Indeed there was a big nail in our left front tire! A conference center staff showed up and changed our tire. “Your spare tire is very small and can go no more than 30 miles. Drive to so and so tire shop and looked for Robert. Tell him Mission Springs sent you and he will take care of you.”

We were so grateful that Pastor Zhou and his wife volunteered to lead our way to the shop. They had a GPS and waited until our tire was in Robert's hand. That is compassion -- love in action.

We waited for an hour to get the tire patched. To our surprise, Robert did not want to charge us. Now that is grace!

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home