Thursday, November 15, 2007

Post Operation Crises

James' left eye surgery on 11/13/07 (Tuesday) went smoothly. However, once the numbness (local) was gone, James was feeling great pain and eye pressure that also gave him a real bad headache. He could not sleep well and he threw up early morning on 11/14/07 (Wednesday) and on our way to the clinic for post-op check up.

It took more than an hour on four highways to get to clinic! I tried very hard to be patient stuck in traffic at the exchanges. It was hard to keep his face down in the car. (I would throw up too if I had to sit like that for one hour. I thought about driving on local route to avoid traffic but worried that the road is too winding.)

Dr. L released some of James' eye pressure with eye drops and asked us to go back the next day at 11:30 a.m. (or if needed, as early as 7:40 a.m. ) James seemed better when we got home around 1:30 p.m. and was able to eat a light lunch. Unfortunately, eye pressure started to build up again and he had great pain and headache, so he ate very little dinner.

I did not expect intensive post operation treatments. I pray that we don't have to travel to doctor's office everyday. I worry about his eye pressure, headache, pain and lack of sleep. Will the nternal of his eye heal? Will he eventually see better? Will I have the love, joy, patience and strength to be a responsible and loving nurse and driver?

He looked miserable. I will take him to the clinic first thing in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home