Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Evening News

"I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. " (Psalm 121:1-2)

I like to watch TV news when I am fixing dinner. However, I often wonder why the media does not report any good news. Tonight was one of those "bad news" nights with these headlines:

(1) A Boston dad was arrested and jailed after protesting his 5-year-old coming home from school with a book "Who's in a family?" that includes family of same-sex marriage.
(2) Brother and sister were killed by a car in front of their school in San Jose.
(3) A mom threw her three children (age 1, 3, 6) into the San Francisco bay after taking off their clothes.
(4) Some people doubt whether parents should be notified before their daughter has an abortion.
(5) A defiant Saddam Hussein pleaded innocent to charges of murder and torture.
(6) The death toll of the recent Pakistan earthquate rose to 79,000.
(7) Hurricane Wilma is another big storm coming to Florida.

Parenting can be overwhelming these days just because of the world we live in! What are your feelings, thoughts and beliefs regarding these subjects? How do you explain these things to your children? Who do you turn to for help?

Copyright © 2005 Parenting ABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home